Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beginnings


I have a penchant for starting new writing projects and, having written profusely for several weeks, discarding them in a forgotten heap by the side of my active imaginary road. As it happens, I also have a proclivity to write elaborate introductions to said writing projects to commemorate the sailing of the metaphorical writing ship. Such is my way.

I’ve been contemplating the last week, after the invention of this name’s blog, what I’m going to write about this time. There are as many writing topics as stars in the sky, but where to point my telescope? I’m a staunch atheist, so I have an inclination towards writing about battling for reason and triumphing in the wonders that science and the human mind can achieve. I’m also happily married and very nearly on the way to building a family—should I write about my life? An ambition of mine is to analyze my thoughts about things I deep important, such as how I derive my sense of morality, ethos, and drive to continue in this vast world.

That all sounds rather vague. We’ll just have to see, dear reader, where my words trail off to and whether they end up at any nice destinations. For now, I’ll keep a hopeful eye out for patterns in my writing and perhaps hope that I’ll have something to say that would be worth reading.

My motto has long been Inadeus, opotano. In every day, opportunity. (No, that isn’t Latin. Please stop giving me disparaging glares.)

William Vimes
Tucson, Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment